Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Veronica, When I googled for the pics on internet, I found that they also put it dry without tupperw


Recipe Index is currently having issues with Chrome as browser. The recipe index page looks empty. It is still viewable with Internet Explorer and Safari. Everything looks normal. tupperware guatemala I am not sure about Mozilla Firefox.
My husband loves buta kakuni. He will order this whenever possible during out dine outs at his current fav Japanese restaurant in Ipoh. Of which is why I wanted to cook it. I went through a few recipes and found Nami's recipe to be quite similiar to what we ate as I knew the meat was once fried. The preparation take a lot of time, as said by Nami herself, the result is worth it.
I did a few changes or  should I say the lazy me skipped the step. I didn't pound and mould the meat. And I misread tupperware guatemala her recipe thinking the ginger, leeks and spring onions were split into two parts for braising, only to realise my mistake when it's time to do the braising with dashi, that there are no longer onions and leeks into it. But I still put them in, and they all melted, luckily! I also used more mirin, but less sugar , because I want to use more of the mirin I have.
My pork seems to be on the dark side...... tupperware guatemala reason? I burnt it at step 5. LOL. Didn't realize it has dried up and so when I added in more water, the gravy turned much darker,but luckily no burnt smell yet. Just an added bit of smoky flavour. This pork is really very troublesome to cook, haha, but my hubby had a good time during dinner. So,it's really worth it. It also happened I had guests over and they too, enjoyed these. White mat: 1st and 2nd stage of cooking, Black mat: 3rd stage of cooking Buta Kakuni Adapted from Just one Cookbook   750gm pork belly 25 +25gm ginger 1 leek, white and green separated 2 spring onions, white and green separated tupperware guatemala 1 bird's eye chilli (optional) tupperware guatemala 3 hard boiled eggs 4 Tbsp Japanese soy sauce 3 Tbsp Sake 6 Tbsp Mirin 2 Tbsp sugar 750ml dashi (kelp + fish) 1. Cut the pork into large cubes. Pan fry the pork cubes until lightly golden. 2. Place the pork cubes into a pot, put in enough water to cover. 3. Put in 25gm ginger, and the green parts of the leek and spring onions. tupperware guatemala Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer for 2 hours. 4. Strain the pork and discard the remnants and keep the broth(won't be a lot) and pork 5. Put everything back in pot and put in the balance of ingredients. Bring back to a boil and lower to a simmer and put a plate over the pork and let it cook for 1hour. 6. Remove the plate and put in eggs and chilli and cook for another 30 minutes.
Chef and Sommelier tupperware guatemala ,  tupperware guatemala October 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM  
Wendy, tupperware guatemala Another keeper recipe! :) Its a refreshing change from our usual Chinese braised belly pork. Thks again for sharing yet another yummy recipe. Pics of my dinner tonite : http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii13/sspaks64/bfbcbf17391221d8382739a41d1e91b8.jpg http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii13/sspaks64/ab74258da76327d9f98d1920c46233f6.jpg Susanna
Veronica, When I googled for the pics on internet, I found that they also put it dry without tupperware guatemala the sauce. That's tupperware guatemala why I followed suit. The ones I ate had some sauce in the serving plate. Just some, not much
Thanks for dropping by my blog. All comments are greatly appreciated. If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide tupperware guatemala a link so that others may have a look at it too :) FOR NON BLOGGERS: Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, tupperware guatemala type in the name (leave the URL empty) It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name. From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name. Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :) You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post. 15/3/13: Word Verification activated due to onslaught of spam.
Braised Mushrooms with Waterchestnuts 马蹄卤香菇
►  2014 (7) ►  January (7) ▼  2013 (160) ►  December (15) ►  November (11) ▼  October (12) Duck Breast with Pickled Ginger and Pineapple - Pi... Pineapple Lattice Tart - Pineapple #2 Crab Curry with Pineapple - Pineapples tupperware guatemala #1 Cabbage tupperware guatemala Salad with Chuka-fu Dressing - Easy Japane... Saba Shio @ Salt Grilled Mackerel - Easy Japanese tupperware guatemala ... Kurigohan, Japanese Chestnut Rice - Simple Japanes... Mango Cheese Charlotte -No Bake Cheesecake #3 Rainbow Fruit Cheesecake tupperware guatemala - No Bake Cheesecakes #2 Pistachio Lime Cheesecake - No Bake Cheesecakes #1... Buta Kakuni - AFF Japan Butakakuni # 3 Rolled Chashu - AFF Japan Butaniku #2 Tonkotsu Ramen- AFF Japan Butaniku #1 ►  September (13) ►  August (10) ►  July (16) ►  June (16) ►  May (14) ►  April (14) ►  March (11) ►  February (7) ►  January tupperware guatemala (21) ►  2012 (179) ►  December (16) ►  November (22) ►  October (14) ►  September (14) ►  Au

No comments:

Post a Comment