Tuesday, January 6, 2015

As with all (certainly all) other artists in pop history, Paul McCartney committed some mistakes. B


Bård Ose is a highly respected music journalist and writer, especially known as a presenter for PILS NRK P1. He is also a sworn McCartney fan, and in 2007 he published the book Beatles Entire Life (2007). When we WiMP finally got the opportunity to present the entire career of Paul McCartney, it was natural to hear about Ose could assist with their knowledge. He came back with a super playlist with its 20 Macca favorites and essay "Me and Paul".
Me and Paul thing was clear: I would become Norway's answer stanley flask to Paul McCartney. I decided before I started stanley flask school, after letting me inspired by The Beatles. He was the first of the four members I knew the name of, and throughout the group career was Paul McCartney I liked best. So when the big four went their separate ways in spring 1970, was my destiny sealed: Now it was up to me to start a similar band in Norway who could continue his legacy. And I should have the role of Paul McCartney.
There was only one thing missing: talent. Not one of those songs I tried to make had something close to the same nynnbarheten or quality of Paul McCartney's weakest numbers. Track My voice was not particularly good - it was completely impossible to sing "Helter Skelter" in the same tone of voice. And why was it so damned difficult to learn bass? Four strings were three too much!
I reviewed a while to call the man himself, via a good contact at the record company EMI Norwegian A / S, and ask if he could help me. We could always make a record together? "McCartney & Me"! But thankfully I came to my senses, and I well remember what got me to admit that 1) my talent was too small, stanley flask and 2) Paul McCartney would survive stanley flask excellent even without The Beatles: single "Another Day" from the spring of 1971. Banal, stanley flask yes, but insolent catchy and with Macca unmistakable signature: this that one composition contains several different melodies (in this case four). Other artists would spread the ideas of several recordings - Paul McCartney loves to merge them together.
The dream of becoming the new Paul McCartney there are many who have had, but none has managed to become one. There are many artists who plays as many instruments as Sir Paul. There are many people who can compose just fine songs, many write better lyrics, and dotted with artists who can be his own producer in the studio. But it is not enough. What is lacking is its versatility and the credibility that McCartney exudes every time he tries out new music styles. stanley flask
Listen - set up a list of good songs that Paul McCartney has made, both solo, with Wings and The Beatles (the latter is easy, you take those he is the lead singer on). You fall somewhere between 100 and 200, depending on how critical you are. Then compare the list with ANYONE in pop history. Then you hear the man's best bass times from 1962 to 2012. So, check some of the hottest gitarsoliene on his records (starting with "Maybe I'm Amazed" from 1970). Listen carefully to the way he plays the piano, stanley flask especially on live plates. And round off with the drums on "Band On The Run" - so imaginatively that it got himself Keith Moon to ask McCartney who he was sovereign pyrite. "That's me!" Replied Paul.
As with all (certainly all) other artists in pop history, Paul McCartney committed some mistakes. But I forgive him all bomskudd and I'll explain why: Since I was the new Paul McCartney anyway, I let embarrassed me over all the bad plates I would have littered the world with. Even the weakest of McCartney's songs are better than the best of mine. Bård Ose, January 2013
Great list, Bard, and extra points for Getting closer, one of his most underrated. stanley flask But where is fabulous "From a promise to a friend? And he had not his best songwriting collaboration with Elvis Costello himself in the 80s and 90s?
Very well written! And the list is absolutely super although my'd stanley flask seen a little different out, obviously. The man has a big catalog and so many strong songs that it is almost impossible to rank them on a top 20 list. GBST.no have cover art Singalong Junk and Bluebird on the plate recently, two wonderful songs from the early 70s. Folks, check out the good and queer tuning Bluebird from Band on the run;-)
You can use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title = ""> stanley flask <acronym title = ""> <b> <blockquote cite = ""> <cite> < code> <del datetime = ""> <em> <i> <q cite = ""> <strike> <strong>
Search for: Recent Posts Interview: Kacey Musgrave: The girl from the trailer stanley flask park Exclusive video: Grønneberg stanley flask - shadowy angel song Lars Vaular: 1001 Home: Ch.2 Torgny: Electronic Breathe Green Extra Win tickets to Smith Westerns Blog Archives September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 j

No comments:

Post a Comment