Thursday, June 5, 2014

Unfortunately, the holiday was not quite go as planned ... after a few days because holzregal I got


In the blog of Marguerite Makes It, I saw a while ago a lot of fun sterrenquiltje! It turned out to be called Stella, holzregal the Star Quilt. holzregal A very nice quilt package holzregal It seemed fun to do, especially since it is made of all reproduction fabrics, and I'm as crazy lately. The package came just a day before we went on holiday to ... So what do you do: you look at it quickly, and put it in the trunk!
Unfortunately, the holiday was not quite go as planned ... after a few days because holzregal I got pneumonia, and first aid in Greece is not so good (although it was quite an adventure, in hindsight!). It was nice that we got to go home with the X-ray! Anyway, after waiting five hours I did not even get drugs with it, so it was all for nothing. The rest of the vacation I really easy to do, and I therefore can hardly quilting, alas! But it is I managed to tinker. Above 6 stars in each I especially liked the color combinations very interesting, I've learned a lot! Really everything fits together and the result is then also great! Back in the Netherlands, I have the rest finished. It was still quite a lot of work for such a small quilt!
Especially the edge I found very difficult to make because everything had to close exactly alike and I've holzregal never done such a thing. It almost worked, I only saw later (after I had doubled) that left just is not quite right at the top. Well, I'm going to pull out ...
And of course there was a label on ... since the whole quilt reproduction fabric in a pattern is created, I also have a stitchery sought from that time. If it is good, this motif is from a magazine holzregal in 1826. I have an italic serif font with it figured out, because I was against that magazine.
Only the name is quite modern ... Estel was invented by JRR Tolkien, and the youth's name Aragorn, what "hope" means. I liked it because it looks like "Stella", the name of the quilt, and the meaning I find also fit well. I had drawn a perfect rectangle and the edges folded holzregal inward, but unfortunately there is somewhere in between what gone wrong which the label is now quite skewed. Maybe I should still but just lash out and make new ...
Oops, here's the label just bigger than the real thing! It was very difficult to stitching the tiny letters, but this time it has gone better than the lentequiltje grandma. Only the "e" and "2" are a bit distorted. What is the fabric back too cute, huh? It comes from the same series as the dust on the front, Judy's 25th anniversary Marcus Fabrics.
Last night I started quilting! I am very curious how it will be, as my quilting experience is also quite modest. But I think it's fantastic quilt itself succeeded, though I say it myself. Meanwhile I must get back to Sublime Seasons, I'm still working on the sashings (now finished 6 of 9). And yes, when I was looking at the package of Stella, I also came to the site of the Star Quilt BOM Hampton Ridge at weeks ... I really doubted whether I would do it, especially because it is a very large project is, and I do not know if I have the level, and also have here. many other things But I'm going to do it anyway! He is 2,20 x2, 20m, so really quite a project holzregal ... But I am really looking forward to it!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh holzregal so you're ready before me!!! What a fun block to make hey! And with the edge I also fought. Thought at first that I had way too much dust. But suddenly it came quite well. You're going to do with the bomb. Super. 've Also been very often looked at the picture. Such beautiful colors. But then you can not do everything. Though I am now terribly jealous that you still use it to start. Hahahah holzregal .. Balen say you got sick during the holidays. And not just a little bit sick very sick. My mother in law is sometime cases in Greece and then had to walk on crutches. She's still on. They're holzregal so sweet and will do anything for you. Hope they have also been a bit. Kind to you Good luck with quilting and ohhh I have to finish it soon. The stack needs to be more done is getting higher and higher. Greetings Marguerite Reply Delete holzregal
Hahahaha, yeah, maybe! I now walk a bit stuck in the quilting, I doubt between start again or continue anyway ... (see next blog post I'm writing right now: P). But that edge was indeed really bad! I have my mathematician father holzregal called in, and all said things that I did not understand, but in the end I did what he said, and it's been good: D Hehe, I really weeks to run the plate and stare ... the fabrics googled, and

No comments:

Post a Comment